Terms & Conditions
1. Membership and fee’s
- Members shall pay a membership fee at the time of joining or renewing at the specified rate.
- The joining age is 16 years+, you may be asked for ID by the club when joining.
- Members must give written notice to the club of any changes of address or changed phone number. Failing such notice, all communications shall be presumed to have been received within 5 days of the postmarked date. (This includes email and SMS Texts)
- MiFitness reserve the right to refuse application from any client.
- Membership is non-refundable, unless there is a written agreement to the contrary.
- All payments for ancillary services and products (supplements, clothing and fitness accessories etc) must be made at reception – it is not permitted to pay club employees directly.
- Corporate membership rates are available subject to specific restrictions and, in fulfilling these, reasonable proof maybe required.
- Members will be granted access through a biometric reader which must be used every time they wish to enter the club. They access form must not be used to grant access to other persons
- Booking is required for the gym to adhere to current restrictions and limit people on the property. Bookings can be made through LegitFit, our bookinf platform.
3.Use of the Facilities
The clubs opening hours are fixed by the company and are subject to change.
- The company may at any time close the club’s premises or any part thereof, without notice, in order to execute repairs, alterations, re-decoration or otherwise.
- It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that they can undergo any activity within the club. All activities are taken at the member’s own risk.
- Suitable attire, as determined by the company, must be worn at all times while using the club facilities. Members are requested to wear appropriate clean footwear within the facility.
- Use of the fitness areas and other club facilities is at the members own risk and under their own medical advice.
- Alcohol is not permitted in any area of the club.
- Members and guests shall not use the club’s facilities while under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other prohibited substance.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere with in the club.
- Mobile phone use – please respect other club members with regards to mobile phone use. Have your phone on silent if you need to have it with you and please step outside if you need to take or make a call. Do not record or photograph any other members in the gym.
- Members should comply with the safe use of all equipment in the club
- Members are expected to arrive for appointments and studio classes in good time.
- An instructor may refuse entry, or ask any member to leave a class if they feel their own, or another’s safety or enjoyment is in jeopardy.
- The company reserves the right to refuse entry to the club’s premises at its absolute discretion.
- Any member with monies outstanding on their club accounts whether for membership or otherwise can be refused access until all outstanding amounts are settled.
- For reasons of health and safety, all members and guests must abide by the following
- The club will not accept liability for any damage or loss to members’ or guests’ personal property brought onto the club’s premises.
- Members purchase all ancillary products and services at their own risk and the club does not accept responsibility.
- All activities are taken at the members’ or guests’ own risk.
- No one under the age of 16 years old is allowed on the gym floor without a personal trainer or is to be left unattended in the waiting area by their guardian at anytime.
- The club or their servants and agents shall not be liable for personal injury sustained by members or guests whilst on the club premises, except in so far as it can be proven that this relates to the willful act, neglect or default of the club or any of their servants or agents. Members and guests who suffer an accident or injury on the club premises must report the accident or injury, and the circumstances in which it occurred, to management immediately following accident or injury.
- Members and guests must warrant and represent that they are in good physical condition and capable of doing exercise: if through injury or other reason, such as pregnancy, this is not the case, they must consult a doctor before engaging in an exercise program.
5.Cancellation and Suspension of Membership
- If the member is on a 1/3/6/12 month membership, they cannot cancel or freeze their membership unless they are advised to do so by a medical professional. It is at the club’s discretion to request for adequate paperwork to support the reason of freezing or cancellation. It is at the club’s discretion to determine the suitable period of time for the membership suspension. The club does not offer refunds.
- If the member is on a monthly rolling membership, they must follow the terms of the monthly agreement. They may freeze their membership if done so under the terms and conditions of their monthly agreement. The club does not offer refunds.
6.Essential Information for Club Users
By Using the facilities of MiFitness, it is most important you follow the following:
- Replace free weights after use
- You must comply with the rules of the club.
- You must ensure you are fit to undertake the activity you are participating in.
- You have taken all the relevant medical and professional advice to ensure your safety, to verify your fitness and to confirm your suitability for membership.
- You will seek instruction, from a member of the club’s fitness team, so as to make you competent in the activity you are undertaking (including the use of all relevant equipment).
- You will take reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- You will immediately inform a member of staff of any accident or incident that occurs.
- Members wishing to report problems with services at the club should contact the club manager. (Simply ask at reception).
7.General Use of Cameras and Camera Phones/Mobile Devices
Cameras and mobile phones/devices with cameras should not be used at unsuitable times or in certain locations, e.g. changing rooms or where camera use is unauthorised.
If using a camera, please respect other members privacy.
Any photography taken within the facility should be of an appropriate nature.
Any members found to be taking / distributing inappropriate images from within the facility will have their membership revoked without refund and barred from MiFitness.
MiFitness reserve the right to use any photography taken within the gym for social media channels, marketing or promotion.
a) This is the Privacy Notice of MiFitness and sets out how we collect and process your personal data. This Privacy Notice also provides certain information that is legally required and lists your rights in relation to your personal data.
b) This Privacy Notice relates to personal data that identifies “ you” meaning our customers or individuals who browse our website and other individuals outside our organisation with whom we interact.
c) We refer to this information throughout this Privacy Notice as “ personal data” and paragraph 3 sets out further detail of what this includes.
d) Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how we may use your personal data.
2. Categories of Personal Data we Collect
a) The categories of personal data about you that we may collect are:
- Individual Data which includes personal data you provide to us in person, via our website or by telephone, including the personal and contact details (such as your first name, middle name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender, billing address, delivery address, email address, credit card details and telephone numbers, family and associate details, and physical or mental health details) you supply when purchasing a membership or product, booking a class, signing up to our newsletter or to make a complaint or ask about membership / press / marketing / shop / recruitment / general enquiry.
- Audio and Visual Data which includes personal data which is gathered using our CCTV or other recording systems in the form of images or video footage that is taken on our premises or otherwise by us for promotional purposes;
- Account and Profile Data which includes personal data which relates to your account or profile on our website or app, such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Advertising and Marketing Data which includes personal data which relates to your marketing preferences, such as information about your preferences in receiving marketing materials from us and our third parties and your communication preferences as well as your personal interests
- Sales Data which includes personal data which relates to the transactions you have conducted with us, such as details about payments to and from you, details of the products, services, classes and memberships you have purchased from us;
- Economic and Financial Data which includes personal data which relates to your finances, such as your bank account and payment card details and information which we collect from you for the purposes of the prevention of fraud;
- Health Data which includes personal data which is gathered for health and safety purposes including any accident report or claim log.
b) We may also create personal data about you, for example, if you contact us by telephone to make a complaint, such about our services or products, then we may make a written record of key details of the conversation so that we can take steps to address the complaint.
c) We also obtain and use certain aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose (“aggregated data”). This may include any data pulled from Google analytics. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your operational data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature on our website. However, if we re-combine or re-connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
3. The Sources from which we Obtain your Personal Data
We obtain your personal data from the following sources:
(a) Directly from you, either in person (at our studio or otherwise), via our website or by telephone. This could include personal data which you provide when you:
- purchase our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- request information on our services or products or for other marketing to be sent to you;
- enter into a competition or promotion
- complete a survey from us or give us feedback; and
- when you visit any of our studios;
(b) Automated technologies, such as CCTV or other recording systems, cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
(c) Third parties, such as:
advertising networks (such as Google and Facebook based[inside]/[outside] the EU);
search information providers (such as Google);
providers of technical, payment and delivery services (such as Legitfit);
4. How we use your Personal Data and Basis for using it.
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
To process your order, to provide after sales service;
In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase. We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes.
We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our emails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
5. Who receives the Personal Data you provide to us.
We may disclose the personal data you provide to us to:
- our group companies and affiliates or third-party data processors who may process data on our behalf to enable us to carry out our usual business practices. Any such disclosure will only be so that we can process your personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice;
- an Garda Siochana, legal and other regulatory authorities, including those who request your personal data or to report any potential or actual breach of applicable law or regulation;
- external professional advisers such as accountants, auditors, bankers, insurers and lawyers;
- law enforcement agencies, courts or other relevant party, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights;
- third parties where necessary for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties;
- third parties which are considering or have decided to acquire some or all of our assets or shares (including in the event of a reorganisation, dissolution or liquidation);
- third parties operating plugins or content (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Mailchimp) on our website which you choose to interact with
6. International Transfers of Personal Data
We do not process or transfer personal data we collect from you outside the European Economic Area.
7. How long we will store your Personal Data for.
We keep all data unless otherwise indicated for a standard of 1 year.
8. Contractual or Statutory Requirements on you to provide Personal Data
a) In certain circumstances the provision of personal data by you is a requirement:
- to comply with the law or a contract; or
- necessary to enter into a contract.
b) It is your choice as to whether you provide us with your personal data necessary to enter into a contract or as part of a contractual requirement. If you do not provide your personal data then the consequences of failing to provide your personal data are that we may not be able to perform to the level you expect under our contract with you. An example of this would be where we are unable to provide you with certain products or services as you have not provided certain health data to us that we might need for health and safety purposes.
9. Your Rights in relation to your Personal Data
a) Subject to applicable law including relevant data protection laws, in addition to your ability to withdraw any consent you have given to our processing your personal data, you may have a number of rights in connection with the processing of your personal data, including:
- the right to request access to your personal data that we process or control;
- the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your personal data or, taking into account the purposes of our processing, to request that incomplete data is completed;
- the right to request, on legitimate grounds as specified in law:
- erasure of your personal data that we process or control; or
- restriction of processing of your personal data that we process or control;
- the right to object, on legitimate grounds as specified in law, to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to be forgotten.
- If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Links to other Websites
11. Our Service Providers
We will disclose your personal data to our service providers, including LegitFit, which supplies our cloud business management platform and booking apps. LegitFit is also subject to certain obligations with regard to the security of your personal data processed via the booking app.
However, your rights, as set out in this privacy statement in relation to your personal data processed through the LegitFit Platform are owed to you by us, and you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries in relation to the use of your personal data through LegitFit.
Rolling Contract Agreement (Automatic Renewal Agreement)
The Rolling Contract Agreement is a legally binding agreement between you (hereafter referred to as the member) and MiFitness. This agreement sets forth your rights and obligations with respect to the automatic renewal and payment of your weekly or monthly gym membership or gym & class membership. By signing up to this agreement, you are indicating that you have carefully read this agreement, understand it, and consent to be bound by all its terms and conditions. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, you should not sign up to this agreement and the membership registration process will not be sanctioned.
Automatic Membership Renewal
Automatic Renewal: Your membership will automatically renew on this day every week or this date every month, unless you notify MiFitness of your decision to terminate your membership.
Renewed Membership: The renewed membership level and term will be the same as the membership level and term being renewed.
Freezing the Membership: The member must notify MiFitness a minimum of seventy-two hours (72 hours) prior to the renewal date of your decision to freeze your membership. You will be eligible only to freeze your membership with a note provided from a doctor or physiotherapist or in the case of isolation from COVID related illness.
You will receive confirmation of receipt of notification and your membership will not renew automatically. The membership will only be frozen for up to 6 weeks and the membership will renew automatically after the decided term is up. You will not be able to book or access the gym during the term the membership is frozen. If you need to reactivate it earlier then please contact us.
3. Termination of Membership
Monthly Rolling:You, the member, may terminate your membership at any time by providing MiFitness with 14 days prior to your payment date on the monthly rolling membership, written notice delivered in person or via email to email@example.com. If an email is provided the member must ensure that they receive a response or the email was not received. There is a minimum commitment of 2 months on the monthly rolling membership and by signing up you are committing to the 2 month minimum membership. The membership will continue to run monthly unless cancelled by yourself.
Weekly rolling: You, the member, may terminate your membership at any time by providing MiFitness with 7 days prior to your next payment date on the monthly rolling membership, written notice in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If an email is provided the member must ensure that they receive a response or the email was not received. There is a minimum commitment of 6 months on the weekly rolling membership and by signing up you are committing to the 6 month minimum membership. The membership will continue to run after the minimum 6 months unless cancelled by yourself.
Terms, Fees and Payments
The membership type is agreed at the initial membership registration process. Membership type and terms are subject to change, without notice, at the sole discretion of MiFitness.
By signing this Agreement, the member authorises periodic weekly or monthly payments to MiFitness from your credit, debit or bank card. Weekly and monthly payments shall be equal to the agreed rate on the day of registration. Weekly and monthly payments will continue to be taken and membership will continue to renew automatically until notice of termination is received from you, the member. The Member understands that any automatic recurring payment method or renewal authorisation will remain in effect until withdrawn by member or terminated by MiFitness.
Default and Cancellation by Club
If the member’s payment goes into default, you, the member, will have 30 days to resolve this outstanding payment, if this is not paid within that period the membership will be cancelled by the club and an outstanding payment will be left on the account which will need to be paid at the time of re-joining.
Change of information
The member will provide the club with new card information if the current card which is held on file is no longer active.
All fees paid and charges made prior to member’s proper termination are non-refundable.
COVID 19 POLICY:
- Illness, Sickness, Disease, or Infection. If you have any symptoms associated with, or you may have been exposed to a person with, a communicable, contagious or otherwise transferable or transmissible illness, sickness, disease, or infection, including, but not limited to, COVID-19 or the virus that causes it, SARS-CoV-2, or you otherwise pose a health risk to members, guests, team members or the public at large on account of such status, you may not engage in and will immediately remove yourself from the Use of MiFitness Premises and Services.
- Cleaning. MiFitness employs various cleaning, hygiene, disinfecting, and sanitation protocols related to the operation and maintenance of the premises. MiFitness protocols are designed to be consistent with Government guidelines, but there are still dangers, hazards and risks of injury or damage, including, but not limited to, illness, sickness, disease and infection, when engaging in the Use of MiFitness Premises and Services. These risks include, but are not limited to, contact with or exposure to other members, team members, guests, or vendors who are ill, sick, or have disease, infection, impairment, or other injury, as well as contact with or exposure to communicable or contagious diseases; infection or infectious agents; pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, mold or other microorganisms; and other health dangers, hazards and risks that can cause illness, sickness, disease, infection, impairment or other injuries.
- General Hygiene. We expect you to uphold general personal hygiene. Please wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use our hand sanitizer (or your own, if it contains at least 70% alcohol), especially after use of equipment or fixtures. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands. Also, please refrain from excessive use of scented oils, lotions, colognes, perfumes or other fragrances out of respect for other members and any fragrance or chemical sensitivities. It is also expected that you refrain from or avoid smelling of smoke or other fragrant substances upon entry or use of the premises or at MiFitness events.
- Per government regulations, all classes will be limited to 14 participants per instructor.
- All equipment will be provided by your coach and is sanitised according to HSE standards before and after class.
- Please bring your own towel, water bottle and exercise mat.
- Arrive to the location 5-10 minutes before class begins, ready to workout.
- If you are late for class and miss your safety induction, you will not be permitted to participate.
- Please make sure to follow your coach’s safety regulations and do not allow yourself or your equipment to intrude upon another participant’s space during class.
- Please come prepared and ready to train; do not bring excess bags or belongings with you.
- No high-fives, fist bumps, or any other physical contact is permitted.
- Please keep to social distancing guidelines and do not stay around before or after class socialising.
- There is no showering facilities available onsite. Changing and toilet facilities will operate as normal.
- If in the event of rain, classes will be held indoors with less availability. Participants will have their own space and it is considered individual training. There will be no sharing of equipment.
- By booking a service provided by MiFitness, you are accepting full responsibility for your actions, fully understanding that there are still dangers, hazards and risks of injury or damage, including, but not limited to, illness, sickness, disease and infection, when engaging in the Use of MiFitness Premises and Services.